Data Analytics for Counter Fraud Professionals teaches fraud investigators and analysts how to understand and interrogate data for fraud.
This course provides investigators with the tools needed to analyse digital documents and media with a goal to ascertaining their provenance.
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand how documents can be analysed, especially in regard to metadata.
- Understand what metadata is and what it can be used for, along with the limitations of metadata.
- Use freely available tools to gather and analyse metadata.
- Understand the basics of combining this metadata with other OSINT.
- Create a metadata report in line with best practices.
This course takes students through the foundational skills required to be a successful intelligence analyst or officer.
- Understanding Intelligence
- Understanding the Intelligence Cycle
- The National Intelligence Model
- Practical Analysis
- Recording and Evidencing
- Sharing Intelligence
A course taking Counter Fraud investigators safely through the dark net. The course builds up an understanding of basic internet networking, anonymising technology, Tor and darknet markets.
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of internet networking and methods of staying safe and anonymous whilst conducting online investigations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what the Dark Web is, and the unique opportunities it gives to fraudsters.
- Outline the legal, ethical and operational issues surrounding the use of the Dark Web.
- Demonstrate how to stay safe whilst using Tor and viewing Dark Web sites.
- Safely explore how ‘dark markets’ work, and examine their role in fraud.
- Outline how cryptocurrency is used on the Dark Web, and identify its core uses in fraud and money laundering.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the methods available to combat fraud on the Dark Web.
A course on OSINT for counter-fraud professionals. This course gives students an in depth, practical knowledge of how to conduct Open Source Intelligence investigations.
This course provides students skills needed to verify digital documents and images for KYC and Customer Due Dilligence checks.