This course provides investigators with the tools needed to analyse digital documents and media with a goal to ascertaining their provenance.
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand how documents can be analysed, especially in regard to metadata.
- Understand what metadata is and what it can be used for, along with the limitations of metadata.
- Use freely available tools to gather and analyse metadata.
- Understand the basics of combining this metadata with other OSINT.
- Create a metadata report in line with best practices.